1. Edwin Straci said,

    June 28, 2006 @ 7:36 pm


    You place the ? after the ! when writing “!?”

    I always do it the other way around (”?!”).

    Is there a correct way or is this a subjective form of punctuation…?

  2. gramr70 said,

    September 28, 2006 @ 11:41 am

    It’s called an interrobang. Not sure if it’s in the Elements of Style, but Wikipedia has an entry for it (and a glyph I hadn’t seen before.) That entry states the bang can go “after or before the question mark.”

    Now, did you just make it up, or is there really an ellipsisquery…?

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.